Having started on the Summer Solstice I’m going to blog each month to keep track of the progress. Sometimes this might just be posting a total of the days I’ve walked other times I’ll reflect on how it is going.
I started by using Google Fit on my phone to deliberately measure the distance. I have it running all the time just for the interest of how many steps I’m taking with the phone in my pocket but for the first few days I tagged the walks as distinct activities to measure the distance and it appears I was wrong in my estimates. Each days walk is about 6 miles not 5. So I’m looking at a 6,000 miles of formal walking total not a 5,000 – but what is a grand here and there. This doesn’t include the 20 minutes of slow walking at lunchtime.
I managed a marathon every working day to the end of June so 8 days, 48 miles to start us off.
Next month I’m on holiday for a week – walking in the Lake District so some lovely time for practice but not as part of the project.
Marathon Monk Posts by Date
- Marathon Monk: Back story
- Lay Pedestrian meets Marathon Monk
- Lay Pedestrian resolves to mug Marathon Monk
- Setting Off on Project Marathon Monk
- Marathon Monk Index
- Marathon Monk: June 2017 – 8 days & 48 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk and the Pointless Pole
- Marathon Monk: July 2017 – 22 days & 132 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: August 2017 – 33 days & 198 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: September 2017 – 47 days & 282 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: October 2017 – 62 days & 372 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: November 2017 – 78 days & 468 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: December 2017 – 89 days & 534 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: January 2018 – 97 days & 582 mindful miles