A bit of a wipeout month. The first few weeks I went down with a virus that made me very weak. I had my left parotid gland swell up like I had mumps. I had dreams of being a child again that I guess were linked to when I had mumps in the 1970s. On several days I came into work but felt rubbish by the afternoon and limped home on the bus. Eventually I gave up and spent a few days just at home to get over it and by the middle of the month I was back to normal. If I were a real marathon monk I’d have maybe killed myself!
I still managed to walk in the garden each day I was at work. The autumn colours are stunning.
Meanwhile in St Andrews Square they started setting up the Christmas ice rink and at the beginning of November even had an army recruitment/remembrance event! One of my shrines almost lost. It will be good practice to try and see the trees for the beer bierkellers over the next few months.
Marathon Monk Posts by Date
- Marathon Monk: Back story
- Lay Pedestrian meets Marathon Monk
- Lay Pedestrian resolves to mug Marathon Monk
- Setting Off on Project Marathon Monk
- Marathon Monk Index
- Marathon Monk: June 2017 – 8 days & 48 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk and the Pointless Pole
- Marathon Monk: July 2017 – 22 days & 132 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: August 2017 – 33 days & 198 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: September 2017 – 47 days & 282 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: October 2017 – 62 days & 372 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: November 2017 – 78 days & 468 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: December 2017 – 89 days & 534 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: January 2018 – 97 days & 582 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: February 2018 – 112 days & 672 mindful miles
- Marathon Monk: March 2018 – 125 days & 750 mindful miles